Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sometimes Expensive Is Better- My New Fave

I just received new nail polish in the mail from my mom (she's the best) and I just put it on last night. I was so happy with it I just HAD to write about it. Sephora's "Sephora by OPI" collection is fantastic! They have tons of different colors beautiful shades that last for a long time. I LOVE OPI for their quality polish and large array of colors. I was excited to know that they have a special collection just for Sephora. One of the colors that I have is called, 'Flurry Up' which is a sparkly top coat. My mom gave me the idea to use it only on the tips of my nails, kind of like a french manicure look.
The result:

Not the best picture but in the sun it looks amazing!















I don't like to use a lot of color on my hands but I love this look. I used this on the tips of my nails and then covered the entire nail with another top coat.

Nina Ultra Pro top coat (it's fantastic!)




















The nail color I decided to put for my toes is called, 'Shiny Dancer' I put the color as a base and then the sparkly top coat on the tips of my toes for some glitter.
The result:

Shiny Dancer with Flurry Up on the tips














The trick with the glitter top coat is to be patient and balance out the small glitter with the big pieces by picking the big pieces out one by one for the look that you want.

Flurry Up


Shiny Dancer

THE BEST PART: The polishes are about $9.50 a bottle for 5 Fl oz which is a little more on the expensive side but if you think about it, you only pay it once and can use it over and over again. This beats having to pay $25+ for a manicure and pedicure every time you want your nails done.

 As a side note, I have heard a lot of about OPI's Katy Perry collection with the shatter nail polish and when I get some extra money I plan on purchasing it and you can count on me writing about it!

Offical OPI site: http://www.opi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment