Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Expensive Isn't Always Better- My Hair Salvation

My first post will be about my most recent discovery: Suave Professionals.

A couple months ago my hair started to fall out because I am nursing my baby. I was using a shampoo and conditioner for curly hair that was actually making the situation worse and ruining my hair. What is worse is that the shampoo and conditioner I was using is $12 a bottle and each bottle is 10oz! The hairspray was horrible, every time I used it I had to run out of the room in order to breathe. I tossed the bottles in the garbage and saw that my mother-in-law had a Suave shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom and I used it. MIRACLE! It made my hair soft and manageable. I have thick, curly, medium length hair and the hardest part for me is to detangle it after showering, I usually have to use a detangling spray to get it all combed out. I told my mom about Suave and when I went to visit her she had bought some for herself and some for me. I then found out that Suave actually came out with a new Professionals line. My specific shampoo and conditioner is called "Captivating Curls" for curly or wavy hair. I tried it and it was amazing, the bounce actually came back to my hair and my hair was not falling out as much, the best part was that I didn't need a detangling spray!

I then discovered that they came out with new styling products to match their line of hair care. I tried the Touchable Finish lightweight hairspray and the Captivating Curls styling whipped cream mousse. This tied my hair together beautifully. I always thought that I needed a heavy hairspray in order for my hair to stay in place but this hairspray was light and it didn't have the harmful fumes that most hair sprays have. The mousse is incredible. I have used a lot of different mousse and it either evaporates in my hand or turns into liquid when I rub my hands together. Suave's 'whipped cream mousse' is exactly what it says it is, thick in consistency and it actually feels like homemade whipped cream but not so much that it never comes off your hands. I only need to use about a golf ball sized amount and that's not nearly as much as I have used with other mousse products.

Shampoo and Conditioner

Hairspray and mousse

Find which shampoo and conditioner will work for you. Go to: http://www.suave.com/professionals/shampoo-conditioner  and see which one best suits your hair needs. There are tabs on the page that also show their styling products for the Professionals line. I recommend it!

THE BEST PART: The shampoo and conditioner is about $2.80 for a 14.5oz bottle depending on where you purchase it and styling products about $4-5 a bottle. You don't have to spend a ton to get quality products.

3 comments:

  1. YES! i LOVE the captivating curls line! they just never seem to have it at the stores i shop at! i should show you a picture of how curly my hair was when i was actually using that stuff... it was insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Bianca I hope you continue writting about beauty products, I love Suave shampoo and Conditioner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried SUAVE professionals before and worked great after all my hair was ugly after I had my baby. Thanks Bianca for the info :)Karla D

    ReplyDelete