Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Fave Skin Care Line & Routine

Growing up I didn't have too many skin problems (thank goodness). My mom and my grandma have always had great complexions even into their older age and despite having good genes, they take the time to take good care of their skin. I have found that I LOVE the Neutrogena line. It is gentle and gets my skin looking great. My skin care routine consists of a cleanser (which I use in the morning and at night), a daily moisturizer for day and a light night cream right before bed.

 Neutrogena's 'Fresh Foaming Cleanser' is fantastic. It lathers very well and I only need to use a small amount for my face. What I love most about it is that it removes make-up really great and cleanses my skin all at the same time.

Neutrogena's 'Healthy Defense' daily moisturizer is another favorite of mine. I love the consistency of the moisturizer and especially how it contains SPF 50. It is important to protect your skin from the sun, too much sun exposure without protection leads to early aging of the skin. The product contains something called "helioplex" which is their patented sunscreen complex with anti-aging sun protection.

Neutrogena's 'Light Night Cream' is what I use for night. It is also important to have protection during the night so that the skin keeps moisturized.

Another tip for great skin is to keep hydrated. Drink plenty of water. Not only does it help with digestion and overall health but it makes your skin look its best. When applying the creams don't forget the NECK. Not a lot of people consider the neck when thinking about skin care but it is important to apply there.
My mom told me that she was told by her dermatologist when applying cremes to the face to apply moving upward from the bottom of the neck up and on the face from the middle of the forehead over and down under the eyes in an arc movement in order to avoid getting too many wrinkles.
My skincare faves




















THE BEST PART: The cleanser comes in a 6.7 fl oz bottle for about $5 depending on where you purchase it and lasts quite a while. The moisturizer comes in a 1.7 fl oz bottle for about $12, which is a little more but provides excellent protection and is lightweight and doesn't leave a greasy feel on your face. The night cream comes in a 2.25 oz tub for about $9-$10 and leaves the skin feeling fresh and it won't clog your pores.

For more information and to see the other products that Neutrogena offers go to: http://www.neutrogena.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment