Thursday, May 12, 2011

Lets Talk Eyeliners

I've tried many eyeliners and have concluded that I absolutely love liquid eyeliner. For me, pencil just wasn't giving me the darker dramatic look that I wanted. It took me a while to get the handle on free handing liquid eyeliner but I figured out that if I place the palm of my hand on my face while applying my eyeliner then my hand would not be as shaky. Another thing that I have to mention is that the line for eyeliner must cover from beginning to end or else it looks incomplete.

A little example of  a good eyeliner line that I found from google images:
Eyeliner example
Eyeliners are another thing that does not have to be expensive. I was in the mall one day and a sales lady at MAC tried to convince me that their liquid eyeliner was amazing, so I bought it thinking, "Why not? It could be amazing."  I tried it and the minute that any kind of moisture hit it I had black smeared in the creases of my eyelids and on the side of my eyes. UGH, I spent $17.50 for 2.5 ml of mess. I know that I could have purchased waterproof but honestly I hate how waterproof make-up is almost impossible to take off. I was curious about Maybeline's Stiletto ultimate precision liquid eyeliner. I purchased the one called 'Blackest Black' because I love eyeliner that has a shine to it. LOVE the eyeliner, not only does it last but it does not smear and I can get the line that I am looking for.

Here's an example of my eyeliner after an entire day of running around with an infant and doing chores (please excuse my eyebrows, I am growing them out):

My eyeliner after 8+ hours



My fave



Flexible felt tip that won't fray with use


THE BEST PART: It costs about $5.90 depending on where you purchase it for a 1.5 ml bottle. It has lasted me a long time and they come in three different shades, brownish black, black and blackest black. You can see them here: http://www.maybelline.com/products/18/eyes/eye-liner/line-stiletto-ultimate-precision-liquid-eyeliner/blackest-black/501?shadeId=121

3 comments:

  1. This is great i need a new eyeliner! I bought an eyeliner by urban decay paid 20 and it literally falls under my eyes within 2 hours. I'm going to try this Maybeline! Thanks Bianca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time I painted my entire eye lid with liquid eye liner on accident... that's why i usually wear pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Janet: I hope this one works better for you! Let me know!
    @Rachel: Yikes, uh yeah if I could not work the liquid I would do pencil. My mom does pencil too and it looks fantastic on her.

    ReplyDelete